Our Audio Engineering module is great fun. Taught in classes of no more than 8 people, over 6 months we cover a lot of ground in a hands-on way – both in the studio and out on field trips! The goal is for students to build up diverse portfolios, so they can open up a range of career pathways.
On the Audio Engineering module we cover:
- Working with the industry-standard Pro Tools software
- Implementing sound to picture
- Foley & Sound FX
- Automated Dialogue Replacement (ADR)
- Recording a wide range of instruments & found sounds
- Post-production mixdown and mastering techniques
Throughout your training you’ll have access to industry-standard hardware and software including Pro Tools, Solid State Logic, Midas, UAD and iZotope technology, and access to high-end studios and recording facilities to explore sonically.
You don’t have to be into rock music to do this module. Nor is this module all about recording bands, but has been adapted to be relevant for music producers wanting to bring an edge to their sound and apply their production knowledge to commercial briefs.